This article expands on the relation between the scheduled pickup time and the flight arrival time, from the Complimentary Waiting Time Policy which can be found here.
1. Do I have to track the arrival flight of the customer for delays?
As noted in the terms and conditions that our customers agree with upon booking, our drivers have the duty to track the arrival flight of the customer for delays.
2. The flight is delayed, when am I expected to be at the airport?
A. In case the actual landing time is before the scheduled pickup time the customer chose, you have to be at the airport at the pickup time the customer selected.
For example: if the flight is delayed till 14:30 pm but the customer chose a pickup time at 15:00 pm, you are still expected to be at the airport at 15:00 pm and the 1- hour complimentary waiting time lasts until 16:00 pm.
B. In case the delayed landing time is after the scheduled pickup time the customer chose, you have to be at the airport at the delayed landing time.
For example: if the flight is delayed till 14:30 pm and the customer chose a pickup time at 14:00 pm, you are expected to be at the airport at 14:30 pm and the 1- hour complimentary waiting time lasts until 15:30 pm.
3. Do I have to track the flight for early arrivals?
No, you don't. In case a flight arrives early, you have to be at the airport at the pickup time the customer chose upon booking.
Although not a prerequisite, customers appreciate it if you are in touch with them in case they arrive early and you are able to meet sooner than the arranged time.
4. Because of the flight delay, the upcoming airport pickup conflicts with my next Welcome Pickups transfer. What can I do?
In this case, you can do the following:
- Look for another available Welcome driver via the Whatsapp group and reassign this transfer via the app as explained in the article: Removing a transfer from your schedule and Suggesting another driver via your App
- If you don't find another Welcome driver as explained above, you can remove the transfer from your schedule. Before you do that, please check the article: Driver transfer removal policy
Removal of a transfer from your schedule should be avoided at all cost in order to avoid penalization and secure your future cooperation with Welcome Pickups.