How to use the chat feature
Please take two minutes to watch the following video describing the process of creating a chat thread with a traveler:
Accessing the chat feature and initiating a chat thread
Step 1. Go to “Schedule”
Step 2. Select the transfer, and in the transfer tap the button with the chat bubble.
Step 3. Here you can initiate a chat thread with the traveler. You can send a text message, attach a photo , or launch the camera app and share a photo with the traveler.
Step 4. You will receive notifications when the traveler responds or sends a text message (keep in mind that the traveler can also initiate a chat)
Step 6. The chat thread will become “archived” if:
- The driver is no longer assigned to this transfer
- The transfer is cancelled
- The transfer is marked as finished
You will still be able to see the thread , but neither you or the traveler will be able to send a message.
How to use the chat
The chat feature should only be used in the following cases:
- To respond to a Traveler who has contacted the driver through the chat
- To contact a Traveler for the purpose of operating a transfer e.g. to let him know you are at the meeting point or on your way
- To contact a Traveler for booking another Welcome transfer like a return transfer or a Sightseeing Ride.