Welcome offers the following complimentary waiting times, depending on the type of pickup booked:
Airport Pickup: 60 minutes
Port, Train Station, Bus Station Pickup: 30 minutes
Other Pickups (incl. Sightseeing Rides): 15 minutes
The complimentary waiting time starts from the scheduled pickup time.
The Traveler No Show (TNS) process:
The driver slides the "I'm at pickup location" button when he arrives:
Upon sliding this, the customer will receive a message informing them that the driver has arrived.
2. The driver also needs to send a message to the customer via the driver/traveler chat or Whatsapp in order to verify when the customer expects to be at the meeting point.
3. When the driver has met the traveler, he will slide the button "I met the traveler":
4. In case the customer hasn't reached the meeting point 15 minutes before the end of the complimentary waiting time, the driver will slide the "I can't find traveler" button (for transfers from a hotel or another address, this is 5 minutes before the end of the complimentary waiting time).
Note: Please keep in mind that this button will only appear when the time is 15 minutes before the end of the complimentary waiting time and should be pushed exactly at 15 minutes:
Upon this, the customer will receive an SMS and an email to inform them that the driver will wait for another 15 minutes.
(For another 5 minutes for transfers from a hotel or another address).
5. If 15 minutes later, the customer still hasn't shown up, the driver will slide the "Traveler is not showing up" button.
Note: Please keep in mind that this button will only appear when the complimentary waiting time has ended and should be pushed exactly at that time.
6. You will be asked to confirm that necessary steps were taken to find the traveler. Then you can press "Terminate Ride".
7. You are now able to close the Ride. Once you do so, you can leave the pickup location and you will be paid for the transfer.
Upon Closing the ride, the customer will receive an SMS and an email to inform them that the driver has left and the transfer is confirmed as a "Traveler no show".
Please make sure to follow the above steps correctly, especially the last parts where the customer should receive an email and SMS to inform them that you are still waiting there.
If you don't follow the above process correctly and the customer complains, the Support team can't prove that you waited the full complimentary time and will be forced to rule in favor of the customer and cancel the driver payment for this ride.
Please make sure you check the Complimentary Waiting Time Policy for the cases when the airplane/ferry/train arrives earlier or later than the initially stated time.
The Traveler No Show policy of the handbook can be found here.